Barney Wilen's complete 1987 studio album 'La Note Bleue' + 4 bonus alternative takes, one previously unissued. ASIN : B096TTN9WQ
€ 20,99 / $21.98 Cover: Loustal
This 2-CD set presents the complete LP La Note Bleue plus four bonus tracks newly remastered from the original analog 24-track master tapes by the original sound engineer Hervé Le Guil. It includes a 28-page booklet with new specially prepared liner notes by Francis Marmande (Le Monde), Philippe Vincent (Jazz Magazine), and bassist Riccardo Del Fra, among others, as well as never before seen photos by Guy Le Querrec.
The second CD consists of a previously unissued 1989 Radio France broadcast showcasing the Barney Wilen Quartet with Jacky Terrasson on piano, playing music from La Note Bleue.
Barney Wilen “la note bleue” first official re-release after 34 years.!
Barney Wilen “LA NOTE BLEUE” first official re-release after 34 years.! (Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set) – RSD 2021 - Release Date: 6/12/2021 (june 12th 2021) (Record Store Day 2021)
On video From left to right: Eric Mills, Patrick Wilen, Satomi Wilen & Jordi Soley (Elemental Music).
Label: Elemental Music, Barcelona, produced by: Jordi Soley, associate producer: Patrick Wilen, art director: Josep Basora, Barcelona, release date: record store day (june 12th 2021) limited 2000 edition de-luxe box set, including:
* 180-gram virgin vinyl edition of the historical Barney Wilen LP LA NOTE BLEUE, newly remastered from the original 24-tracks master tapes by the former sound engineer hervé le guil. the original album was awarded the grand prix jazz de l'académie charles cros as best french jazz album of the year 1987.
* Complete 88-page English edition of the iconic Jacques De Loustal & Philippe Paringaux comic story: Barney and the Blue Note (Translation of the French version Barney et la Note Bleue.)
* 24 page LP-size booklet featuring new liner notes by Philippe Vincent (jazz magazine), Francis Marmande (Le Monde) and bassist Riccardo Del Fra, also including never issued photos from the original studio session by Guy Le Querrec and other unpublished archives.
* Bonus cd consisting of a unissued live broadcast by Radio France presented by Claude Carrière: the Barney Wilen quartet recorded in 1989 at the Parisian Jazz Club „Le Petit Opportun“, issued here thanks to the collaboration of the INA (Institut National de l’Audiovisuel). the cd includes new versions of several LA NOTE BLEUE tunes and features Jacky Terrasson (piano), Gilles Naturel (double-bass) and Peter Gritz (drums).
Special thanks to all the musicians involved in this project: Alain Jean-Marie, Philippe Petit, Riccardo Del Fra, Sangoma Everett, Jacky Terrasson, Gilles Naturel & Peter Gritz. and last but not least: Philippe Paringaux, Jacques De Loustal & Philippe Vincent.
French saxophonist Barney Wilen's career was boosted in 1957 when he joined Miles Davis on the soundtrack of Louis Malle's film noir classic Ascenseur pour l'échafaud. However, Wilen's popularity slowly waned starting in the 1970s, even though he would produce lots of wonderful music in the intervening years. The release of the LP 'La Note Bleue' marked a rebirth in his career. That legendary album followed the success of a Jacques de Loustal & Philippe Paringaux comic book partly inspired by his life, titled Barney et la Note Bleue, which put the saxophonist's name back into the scene.
Limited edition, numbered, 180g vinyl of the celebrated Barney Wilen LP, La Note Bleue. Newly re-mastered from the original 24-track master tapes. Also includes; complete 88 page English edition of the iconic comic strip Barney Et La Note Bleue, 40-page LP-size booklet featuring new liner notes and never before seen photos, plus a bonus CD consisting of a previously unissued radio France live broadcast recorded in 1989 at The Parisian jazz club Le Petit Opportun.
Label: Anagram Music
Rel. Date: 06/12/2021
Vente: £84.99 /100 euro
1. BÉSAME MUCHO
2. NO PROBLEM (L’HABIT DE LUMIÈRE) [THE MATADOR’S SUIT]
4. ‘ROUND MIDNIGHT [ROUND ABOUT MIDNIGHT]
5. LES JOURS HEUREUX [HAPPY DAYS]
6. MR MARTIN (VOLEUR D’AMOUR) [THIEF OF LOVE]
7. UN BAISER ROUGE [A BLOOD RED KISS]
8. PORTRAIT DE L’ARTISTE AVEC SAXOPHONE [PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST WITH SAXOPHONE]
1. WHISPER NOT
2. TRISTE AGAIN [BACK TO SADNESS]
3. HARLEM NOCTURNE
4. BÉSAME MUCHO (REPRISE) [Solo]
6. ALL BLUES *
* Bonus track from the same sessions, but not included on the original LP
LA NOTE BLEUE by the new BARNEY WILEN QUARTET LIVE AT LE PETIT OPPORTUN 1989 - CD
1. NO PROBLEM
2. ALL BLUES
3. BÉSAME MUCHO
4. COMMENTARY BY CLAUDE CARRIÈRE
5. ‘ROUND MIDNIGHT